Android Application Development- Doing the Needful
Android Application Development has now become one of the most popular and useful developing tools. This is because of its sturdy functionality and the wide benefits it provides to cellphone application developers. And since it is open source, it can be handled rather simply. Using the software development kit (SKD) from Google’s Android developers, programmers and developers can get to work on an application instantly which leads to quicker implementation of all apps.
Popularity of Android
The reason for Android application development’s popularity among developers today can easily be attributed to the popularity of the Android OS itself among users. Rough industry estimates suggest that more than 90 million Android phones have been sold since the OS was first released in October 2008. Counting till April 2011, over 200,000 apps were developed for Android, with downloads hitting the phenomenal 3 billion mark. The rate of growth in the number of applications developed for Android was around 127% last August. Compare this with the Apple App Store growth rate of 44% and you can understand why Android application development is so hot today.
Major Benefits for Developers
• Information integration is fantastic with Android. Seeking precise information is also very easy
• Significant concentration of the cycle is prevalent
• Enlargement tools are rather easy to use
• Developers are provided access to all services and information rather quickly
• Android is rich when it comes to its browser services which ultimately helps the developer create better apps
• Android is fundamentally based on Linux which results in a lot of convenience during the development process.
Google’s Role in Android Development
Google has a major role to execute in Android programming. Google’s Android developers are renowned for their path-breaking design, support for various networks and the capability to develop myriad applications. Google has made the Android SDK in such a way that it tends to find bugs in the application automatically after testing it. Development of quality and high performance apps is a lot convenient with use of SDK as it boasts of many inbuilt features in addition to the excellent flexibility needed for developing smartphone applications. All this means that only the very highly skilled and experienced developer will be able to create innovative and high quality apps.
Hiring an Android Developer
The number of developers working on Android has risen manifold over the last couple of years due to the OS’s popularity. Developers work on everything ranging from middle-ware to basic applications to rooting Android device. This requires a fair degree of mastery over the Android platform and the developer should also be familiar with Google’s Android SDK. Creativity and an ability to think out of the box are rather essential qualities for an Android application developer.
An Android developer should be absolutely certain about his work and proficiency in certain quarters will help enormously in that.
• Mastery over Android development and programming
• In depth knowledge of Android
• Being updated with latest tech, for e.g. Android 1.1 SDK
• In case of a company, a highly skilled team of developers and programmers
• Ability to respond quickly
• Fluency in the English language
• Adequate communication skills
• Familiarity with Android smartphone app requirements
• Adept at customizing any type of Android application
• At least 3-4 years of experience in Android programming
What to Remember When Hiring a Developer
Entrusting the app development to the right personnel is very important for the app’s success. The market is full of developers as the popularity of Android has reached dizzying heights. This rise in popularity has also led to many developers crossing onto Android app development. This only makes the task of finding the right developer harder and the below points intend to help solve that conundrum.
1) Try to narrow down your search for a developer by looking for someone with at least 2-3 fairly successful apps to his/their credit. Such developers are guaranteed to have a fair degree of experience and only they can do justice to your idea.
2) While shopping for developers, do not hesitate to ask for bids. This increases your scope of interacting with the developers beforehand.
3) Skill level and previous experience alone should be considered when hiring a developer and not the price.
4) Evaluate the developer’s technical know-how and discuss all the technical bits of your app with him.
5) Speak to people who have previously hired such a developer as their perspectives and opinions can help in your app’s development.
More From My Site: